Last revised: March 9, 2020
These Community Standards establish a shared standard for professional behavior for Clients and Experts accessing Catalant’s Expert Marketplace. The success of every engagement on Catalant’s Expert Marketplace is predicated on the professional behavior of the parties involved, particularly the Clients and Experts.
Users who violate these Community Standards may, at Catalant’s sole discretion, be temporarily or permanently barred from using Catalant’s Expert Marketplace, depending on the seriousness of the misconduct.
Catalant will update these Community Standards from time to time, though there may be unforeseen situations leading to account deactivation that are not explicitly listed in this policy.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews and ratings are an opportunity for both Clients and Experts to build a positive reputation on Catalant’s Expert Marketplace. Reviews and ratings should be truthful, clear, fact-based and helpful to both the recipient and the wider Catalant community. Catalant reserves the right to remove reviews that violate these review guidelines.
Users can only write a review or provide a rating after a Project is completed. Reviews and ratings may be available to other Users viewing another User’s profile or completed Projects.
To report a review that violates these review guidelines, please contact email@example.com.
Professionalism and Quality
Clients and Experts using Catalant’s Expert Marketplace are expected to communicate professionally and in good faith. Additionally, Clients should expect to engage with Experts producing high-quality work. Catalant may temporarily or permanently deactivate accounts associated with Users that receive reviews, ratings, or complaints regarding a lack of professionalism or quality.
Fraud and Misrepresentation
Catalant expects all Users to present themselves truthfully and accurately and may permanently deactivate any account associated with fraudulent activity. Specifically:
- All information on a User’s profile must be true, accurate and complete. Users agree to provide Catalant with true, accurate and complete profile information and to promptly update that information as it changes. Catalant or a third-party background check service provider may verify information provided by or about a User. If requested, Users must assist Catalant or such third party in the verification process.
- Users will not provide false or misleading information about their identity, location, business, projects or services and will correct any such information that is or becomes false or misleading.
- Users will not impersonate any person or entity (including creating an account under a fake or borrowed name).
- Clients posting projects must fully disclose context that is relevant and critical to an Expert’s ability to successfully complete a Project.
- Experts must have legal and beneficial ownership of, and all rights and interest in, any materials underlying the work product created in connection with a Project. Work product must not include any misrepresentation or fraudulent data. Experts are required to disclose any sources used in work product in accordance with generally accepted research practices (i.e., proactively cite primary or secondary information sources that are not their own) as a matter of general practice and upon request from the Client or Catalant.
Discrimination, Harassment, and Abusive Conduct
Catalant maintains a zero-tolerance policy regarding all forms of discrimination, harassment, or abuse. Users may not refuse to provide or accept services based on a person’s race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, age or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
All reports of discrimination, harassment or abusive conduct are taken very seriously and may result in permanent loss of access to Catalant’s Expert Marketplace. If you feel that you have been treated inappropriately by another User, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mediation Processes and Procedures
Catalant may assist in the fair and timely resolution of a complaint or dispute between Users. Catalant may take the following actions, including but not limited to:
- Contact all Users involved to obtain information;
- Review Project-related data and correspondence captured on the platform and gathered through conversations with involved parties;
- Request additional materials evidencing communications between the involved parties;
- Coordinate mediation between the Users involved in the complaint or dispute;
- Determine an appropriate outcome, including, but not limited to, User account deactivation, partial payment, payment refund, and/or project re-staffing;
- Communicate the outcome to all involved parties; and
- Promptly carry out the mediation outcome.
Catalant expects all Users to cooperate with any investigations or other activities by Catalant in furtherance of the above procedures.
If Catalant temporarily or permanently deactivates a User’s account, the User is prohibited from creating a new account under his or her name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if he or she is acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to temporarily or permanently revoking a User’s access to Catalant’s Expert Marketplace, Catalant reserves the right to any other remedies available under applicable law.
If you have any questions about these Community Standards, please contact email@example.com.